Thursday, September 26, 2013

PRESIDENT KENYATTA HAS GONE OVERBOARD ON TRIBAL APPOINTMENTS

By Albert Nyakundi Amenya
Kisii County(Kitutu Chache)
Here comes another serious medical attention seeker by the name Uhuru Kenyatta. The last time I checked, this psychiatric client was supposed to be the President of the republic of Kenya but instead, he has preferred to be the President of Mt. Kenya. Being a president does not mean that you reward your tribesmen and women by overlooking those who didn’t vote for you.

Uhuru is a perfect skimmer and calculative opportunist who never lose a chance whenever it emerges. He always waits for tragedies to befall so that he capitalizes on them. For instance, the West Gate Mall attack was a perfect highway for him to contravene the constitution by appointing a fraudster, to a nonexistent position. For sure, this man is generous and selfless to his tribesmen.

I am sure that the Commander in Speech Mr. William Ruto was not consulted before the appointment was effected. In fact, I pity him whenever he goes public boasting about their position as Kalenjins in the Jubilee government. I am not being tribal on this one, but I must say that Kalenjins are in for a surprise as long as the likes of Mutea Iringo, Francis Kimemia et al are alive.

Today I was dazed beyond restrain, when I received mesmeric news that Mister Joseph Kinyua had been appointed head of Public Service and chief of staff. Astoundingly, the position does not exist in the constitution of the Republic of Kenya, but it does in the constitution of Mount Kenya. Interestingly, the constitution is categorical when it comes to public servants appointment but on this one, no public vetting was conducted.

Recently, there have been massive openings in the government. However, what alarms me is the damnable manner in which these positions are filled with brothers and sisters from Mount Kenya. If anyone has doubt about what I am talking about, ask for the list and I will deliver it before time. I always do my homework painstakingly. I always filter the authenticity of whatever I inscribe on paper to avoid being speculative. My mind is always engraved on facts and truths.

Immediately after President Kenyatta was controversially declared winner by Justice Mutunga, he vowed to be a president of every Kenyan irrespective of whether they voted for him or not. However, his daredevilry of infringing the constitution denotes how Kenya is inclined to tribalism, corruption and impunity.

Just to capsulize this issue, I can readily confirm that this son of the former dictator and land grabber has turned out to be a contemptuous cardinal sinner. I have a feeling that we are yet to see more. For those who always berate me whenever I speak, kindly sit back and think twice. Kindly ask yourselves whether what you are defending is worth your heartfelt defense. I always try to speak up my mind, expound on coherent facts to justify my stand.

Tribalism is a serious cancer that is eating up our nation and it must be curbed at all costs. Other sycophants like William Ruto will always be used like the tissue papers they are. I am wondering why some of the appointments are not given to Ruto and his Jubilee battalion if indeed they are principal partners in the government.

No comments:

Give President William Ruto Credit where it's due

By Joseph Lister Nyaringo    In any democracy, voters make decisions based on the promises candidates make during the campaigns. Like all ...